adjective (speedier, speediest)
- 1Done or occurring quickly: a speedy recoveryMore example sentences
rapid, swift, quick, fast, prompt, immediate, expeditious, express, brisk, sharp, unhesitating; whirlwind, lightning, meteoric, overnight, fast-track, whistle-stop; hasty, hurried, precipitate, precipitous, breakneck, summary, on-the-spot, rushed• rare alacritous
- All his family and many friends hope to see Denny up and about again really soon and wish him a quick and speedy recovery to full health.
- Paddy is missed by his many neighbours and friends and we all wish him a very speedy recovery and say hurry up and come home.
- She is wished a speedy recovery and a quick return to the weekly card game.
- More example sentences
- The first is to raise its game in the speediness and clarity of Scottish economic statistics.
- If you haven't got too much experience, what you can offer is low costs and speediness.
- On the face of it, a lapse of time of more than four months appears incompatible with the notion of speediness.