1A person who spells with a specified ability: a very weak speller
More example sentences
- However, a poor speller may or may not be strong in other cognitive abilities, particularly those not directly associated with language processing.
- And with tertiary institutions relying on secondary schools to churn out good spellers, and secondary schools relying on primaries to teach the basics, spelling seems to fade out of importance around the age of 12.
- Her advice for bad spellers is pragmatic: ‘Once your child has got to 10, stop worrying and teach them how to use the technology.’
1.1chiefly North American A book for teaching spelling.
- She picks up a book and says ‘Oh, there's my speller.’
- This color laser printed limited edition is made from paint and collage placed on top of a nineteenth-century speller.
- Lucy says she's lost her speller and that Jamison will need it for his lessons tomorrow.
Words that rhyme with spellera cappella, Arabella, Bella, bestseller, Capella, cellar, Cinderella, citronella, Clarabella, corella, Daniela, Della, dispeller, dweller, Ella, expeller, favela, fella, fellah, feller, Fenella, Floella, foreteller, Heller, impeller, interstellar, Keller, Louella, Mandela, mortadella, mozzarella, Nigella, novella, paella, panatella, patella, predella, propeller, queller, quinella, repeller, rosella, rubella, salmonella, Santiago de Compostela, seller, smeller, Stella, stellar, tarantella, teller, umbrella, Viyella
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: spell¦er
Definition of speller in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.