past and past participle of spend
- 1Having been used and unable to be used again: a spent matchstickMore example sentences
- Sir, we hear reports that North Korea is supposedly claiming to have reprocessed all of its spent nuclear fuel rods.
- He added it would increase pressure on the British Government to shut down the reprocessing of spent nuclear fuel rods at Sellafield.
- We think the preponderance of evidence does show that in fact Yucca Mountain is a suitable site for spent fuel disposal.
- 1.1Having no power or energy left: the movement has become a spent forceMore example sentences
exhausted, tired, tired out, weary, wearied, worn out, dog-tired, bone-tired, bone-weary, on one's last legs, drained, fatigued, ready to drop, enervated, debilitated, limp• informal done in, all in, dead on one's feet, beat, dead beat, bushed, fagged out, knocked out, wiped out, zonked out, worn to a frazzle, frazzled, bushwhackedScottish • informal wabbitAustralian/New Zealand • informal stonkeredAustralian/New Zealand • vulgar slang rooted• archaic toilworn• rare fordone
- Finally, half an hour later, spent of all her energy, she climbed out of her tub.
- Tyrone then seemed a spent force but boy did they recover.
- It has been a topsy-turvy league and Cavan are no spent force.