An immature male sex cell formed from a spermatocyte, which may develop into a spermatozoon without further division.
More example sentences
- These haploid cells - now called spermatids - thus contain 23 single half chromosomes.
- Rates of protein evolution were fastest for genes expressed during the dramatic morphogenesis of round spermatids into spermatozoa.
- Spermatocytes, the progenitors of spermatids, are biosynthetically active cells, producing all the components that will be needed in the mature spermatozoa.
- More example sentences
- Two novel zinc fingers have been discovered in the mammalian spermatidal protein TP2, which recognizes human CpG islands in a zinc dependent manner.
- Rat spermatidal protein TP2 is rich in serine residues and has several potential sites for phosphorylation by different protein kinases.
- Possible functions for high HMGA2 levels may include role in testis-specific events such as genetic recombination, meiotic divisions, or replacement of histones by late spermatidal basic proteins during nuclear condensation.
Definition of spermatid in:
- The US English dictionary