- A plant of a large division that comprises those that bear seeds, including the gymnosperms and angiosperms.
More example sentences
- Division Spermatophyta
- In the spermatophytes, the situation is reversed, and the gametophyte is the smaller and dependent generation.
- For comparison, monophyly of angiosperms and spermatophytes is supported by 532 and 631 positions, respectively.
- The spermatophytes, which means ‘seed plants’, are some of the most important organisms on Earth.
More definitions of spermatophyteDefinition of spermatophyte in:
- The US English dictionary