noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A colourless compound with a similar distribution and effect to spermine.
More example sentences
- A polyamine; chemical formula: H2N(CH2)3NH(CH2)4NH2
- The present study indicates that DNA resolubilization at high concentrations of spermine and spermidine is explained by formation of small particles of condensed DNA that cannot be precipitated by centrifugation.
- These specificities lead to preferential bindings through the DNA minor groove for putrescine and spermidine, whereas spermine binds by the major groove.
- Maybe even higher efficiencies would have been obtained using spermine instead of spermidine.
More definitions of spermidineDefinition of spermidine in:
- The US English dictionary