noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A deliquescent compound which acts to stabilize various components of living cells and is widely distributed in living and decaying tissues.
More example sentences
- A polyamine; chemical formula: (H2N(CH2)3NH(CH2)2)2.
- The binding model displayed in Fig.8 A has been observed from crystallographic studies on B-DNA dodecamers stabilized with spermine.
- Because of their positive charges, putrescine, spermidine, and spermine show a high affinity with the acidic constituents of the cell (RNA, DNA, ATP, acidic proteins, phospholipids, etc.).
- The flexible polyamine spermine displays a high presence in the minor groove but does not form long-lived and structurally defined complexes.
More definitions of spermineDefinition of spermine in:
- The US English dictionary