- A form of garnet containing manganese and aluminium, occurring as orange-red to dark brown crystals.More example sentences
- Another garnet, a mixture of pyrope and spessartine, is called malaya garnet in the gem trade.
- There were shops full of green and purple fluorite, ferberite and arsenopyrite, and spessartine and stibnite.
- It should also be noted that almandine, grossular, and spessartine are the preferred spellings.
mid 19th century: from French, from Spessart, the name of a district in NW Bavaria, + -ine4.
More definitions of spessartineDefinition of spessartine in:
- The US English dictionary