Definition of spicy in English:
adjective (spicier, spiciest)
1Flavoured with or fragrant with spice: pasta in a spicy tomato sauce
More example sentences
- This was braised cubes of lamb in a spicy coconut sauce with fragrant rice for €15.50.
- A little bowl of diablo sauce, a spicy and fresh tomato salsa, came on the side.
- To top it off, the skewers were presented on a plate with potatoes, sour cream, and a spicy tomato sauce.
1.1Exciting or entertaining, especially through being mildly indecent: spicy jokes and suggestive songs
risqué, racy, salty, scandalous, ribald, suggestive, titillating, bawdy, naughty, salacious, off colour, indelicate, immodest, dirty, smutty
North American informalgamy
- Example sentences
- The fish is fresh and spicily dressed with avocado and sweet, hot soy sauce topped with a crown of sesame seaweed salad.
- His live music spicily punctuates a play that, while preaching a sexual and racial sermon, adopts much more than a simple missionary position.
- A similar nuts-and-bolts problem mars Bombay Dreams, a musical spicily scored by the Bollywood composer A. R. Rahman, who has sold 200 million albums worldwide.
Words that rhyme with spicydicey, icy, pricey, vice
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.