adjective (spicier, spiciest)
- 1Flavoured with or fragrant with spice: pasta in a spicy tomato sauceMore example sentences
- This was braised cubes of lamb in a spicy coconut sauce with fragrant rice for €15.50.
- A little bowl of diablo sauce, a spicy and fresh tomato salsa, came on the side.
- To top it off, the skewers were presented on a plate with potatoes, sour cream, and a spicy tomato sauce.
- 1.1Exciting or entertaining, especially through being mildly indecent: spicy jokes and suggestive songsMore example sentencesSynonymsentertaining, colourful, lively, spirited, exciting, piquant, zesty, zestful; risqué, racy, salty, scandalous, ribald, suggestive, titillating, bawdy, naughty, salacious, off colour, indelicate, immodest, dirty, smuttyNorth American • informal gamy
- More example sentences
- The fish is fresh and spicily dressed with avocado and sweet, hot soy sauce topped with a crown of sesame seaweed salad.
- His live music spicily punctuates a play that, while preaching a sexual and racial sermon, adopts much more than a simple missionary position.
- A similar nuts-and-bolts problem mars Bombay Dreams, a musical spicily scored by the Bollywood composer A. R. Rahman, who has sold 200 million albums worldwide.