adjective (spiffier, spiffiest)North American • informal
- Smart in appearance: a spiffy new outfitMore example sentences
- They also raved about the spiffy appearance and the virtually indestructible treads.
- Today my outfit was pretty spiffy if I do say so myself.
- Billy was a junior Ranger, dressed in the dark, blue, gold-stripped spiffy uniform of his outfit.
- More example sentences
- As we approach downtown Chennai I watch in stunned silence from the bus as a spiffily clad office worker walks out of a shiny high tech office with an over-filled wastebasket in hand.
- And so did his son Jameer Jr., who was dressed as spiffily as his pop.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.