Definition of spiffy in English:
adjective (spiffier, spiffiest)North American informal
Smart in appearance: a spiffy new outfit
More example sentences
- They also raved about the spiffy appearance and the virtually indestructible treads.
- Today my outfit was pretty spiffy if I do say so myself.
- Billy was a junior Ranger, dressed in the dark, blue, gold-stripped spiffy uniform of his outfit.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
- Example sentences
- As we approach downtown Chennai I watch in stunned silence from the bus as a spiffily clad office worker walks out of a shiny high tech office with an over-filled wastebasket in hand.
- And so did his son Jameer Jr., who was dressed as spiffily as his pop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia