- A chiefly tropical creeping clubmoss which has branching stems with hair-like spines on the leaf margins, small spore-bearing cones, and typically a mat-like growth.
More example sentences
- Genus Selaginella and family Selaginellaceae, class Lycopsida
- The best growing environment for this spikemoss is in dappled to full shade with ample moisture.
- In foliage, twiggy spikemoss resembles a clump of moss that was plugged into a high voltage electrical outlet.
- Like other spikemosses, its leaves are very tiny and overlap.