- 1A small wooden peg or spigot for stopping a cask.More example sentences
- Before beginning, sterilize both the spile and the jug with boiling water.
- 2A large, heavy timber driven into the ground to support a superstructure.More example sentences
- Into this hole, tap in the spile with a wooden mallet.
verb[with object] chiefly US or • dialect Back to top
- Broach (a cask) with a peg in order to draw off liquid.More example sentences
- Well, firstly I'm still adamant that you can't beat a pint of cask-conditioned ale, properly tapped and spiled, at the peak of perfection.
More definitions of spileDefinition of spile in:
- The US English dictionary