Definition of spin dryer in English:
A machine for extracting water from wet clothes by spinning them in a revolving perforated drum.
- That job is left to the wardrobe department, aided by a couple of washing machines, a spin dryer and two tumble dryers, one of which is tall and cupboard like and on my visit contained a giant bright green furry ball.
- I loved to watch the water spilling from the pipe in the spin dryer back into the main wash.
- The wind buffets upwards; the effect is like being in a spin dryer and people coming out onto the platform say it reminds them of Kate Winslett on the bow of the Titanic.
spin-dry verb (spin-dries, spin-drying, spin-dried)
- Example sentences
- One afternoon, whilst spin-drying the sheets, she leaned forward and accidentally nudged the washing machine with her… um… front bottom.
- But I did a lot more fiddling, and eventually got the water out of the machine and the clothes rinsed and spin-dried.
- Makes laundry day go by pretty fast when you can at least sit on it during spin-dry and end up smiling the rest of the day.
Definition of spin dryer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan