(Of a satellite or spacecraft) stabilized in a desired orientation by being made to rotate about an axis.
- Other ASVN applications include missiles and rockets that might rotate at launch for thrust equalization and to augment stability, or spin-stabilized micro- or nano-satellites.
- 220-mm Multiple Rocket Launcher The 9P140 Uragan (previously referred to incorrectly as BM - 22) is the world's first modern fin and spin-stabilized heavy rocket system.
- Is the ability to hit the target with high reliability influenced if the target is either tumbling or spin-stabilized?
- Example sentences
- But as I understand it, the tumbling warheads are easier to build than non-tumbling warheads; it is harder to achieve spin-stabilization.
- The head separation, turnover and spin-stabilisation system was successful.
- All of these factors, taken together, constituted too great an element of unreliability, and this plus the development problems outweighed the strong points of the spin-stabilization concept.
Definition of spin-stabilized in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.