- A cavity which runs successively through each of the vertebrae and encloses the spinal cord.More example sentences
- He subsequently developed plasmacytomas of his thoracic spinal canal, right orbit, and frontal sinuses.
- As the lumbar spinal canal shrinks, the nerves that go through it are squeezed.
- Doctors surgically tuck exposed nerves and spinal cord back inside the spinal canal and cover them with muscle and skin.
More definitions of spinal canalDefinition of spinal canal in:
- The US English dictionary