- The cylindrical bundle of nerve fibres and associated tissue which is enclosed in the spine and connects nearly all parts of the body to the brain, with which it forms the central nervous system.More example sentences
- The brain and the spinal cord constitute the central nervous system.
- The nerves from the lower part of the body join the spinal cord in the lower back.
- If the upper part of the spinal cord or the brain stem is involved, the patient may develop a bulbar palsy.
More definitions of spinal cordDefinition of spinal cord in:
- The US English dictionary