- North American term for lumbar puncture.More example sentences
- The gaps between the arches of adjacent lumbar vertebrae, when the spine is flexed, allow the insertion of a needle for sampling cerebrospinal fluid in a spinal tap or lumbar puncture.
- Headaches resulting from a spinal tap - also known as a lumbar puncture - are often accompanied by stiffness in the neck, ringing in the ears, sensitivity to light, nausea, and hearing impairment.
- A lumbar puncture is also called a spinal tap.
More definitions of spinal tapDefinition of spinal tap in:
- The US English dictionary