Definition of spindle cell in English:
1A narrow, elongated cell indicating the presence of a type of sarcoma.
- Histologically, the tumor was composed of a squamous cell carcinoma and a spindle cell sarcomatous component.
- One patient who had undergone a nondiagnostic CT fluoroscopy-guided TBNA proved to have a metastatic spindle cell sarcoma at surgery.
- A distinct feature found within the spindle cell areas is the presence of epithelioid neoplastic cells with vacuolization.
1.1 Zoology A narrow, elongated cell present in the blood of most non-mammalian vertebrates, functioning as a platelet.
- The morphology of relatively long, beaded AFB, often with bent or folded ends, is demonstrable even when bacilli are present in spindle cells.
- A minor component of spindle cells was also present.
- Collagen IV was present among the spindle cells, but it did not stain the core of the rosettes.
Definition of spindle cell in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India