noun• informal, • dated
- 1.1 [treated as singular] A person with long thin legs.More example sentences
- The latter role is danced by Alain Honorez, a spindle-shanks of towering talents and demonic energy, who almost (but not quite) upstaged the leads with his dazzling display of movement.
- More example sentences
- The figure of Horatio Nelson, slender, one-armed, eccentric, spindle-shanked and awkward, bestrides our naval history.
- A spindle-shanked figure came into view, bent against the wind.
- He suffered from poor digestion, and is said to have been spindle-shanked.