adjective (spindlier, spindliest)
- 1Long or tall and thin: spindly arms and legsMore example sentences
- He broke off as the door to their room opened and a sharp-faced, preternaturally thin man with spindly arms and legs tightly covered by taut sunbaked skin peered inside.
- Instead of viciously attacking them, the amphibian began to speak in a gurgling voice, thin spindly arms waving about.
- It was featherless, but stood a foot tall on spindly jointed legs; its face was avian but - like the body - fat and dotted with patchy, moulting orange fur.
- 1.1Weak or insubstantial in construction: spindly chairsMore example sentences
- Aradia, Gwydion and Faunus were made to sit in three rickety and spindly chairs before the thirteen members of the Society of Sorcerers.
- The women cower behind the spindly couches and fragile chairs.
- To unpack this, I would add that the color of ITC Garamond makes it weak and spindly on the page, something we really don't care for today.