- A secretive warbler that frequents thickets of spinifex in central Australia.
More example sentences
- Eremiornis carteri, family Sylviidae
- Red-tailed black cockatoos fly noisily overhead while the small spinifexbird perches in the dense grass below.
- Others, like the spinifexbird and white-winged fairly-wren, also occur far from water, but appear to be resident through good seasons and poor.
- Bird species of regional significance include the peregrine falcon Falco peregrinus, bush thick-knee Burhinus grallarius, spinifexbird Eremiornis carteri and redthroat Sericornis brunneus 5.