- The action or process of spinning; the conversion of fibres into yarn: in fine weather spinning was done out of doorsMore example sentences
- Six villages were adopted and continuous spinning, processing and weaving work was entrusted to tribal women.
- The VFPCK initiative aims at introducing mechanised spinning of yarn out of these stems.
- Fruit of the Loom is transferring its spinning, knitting and dyeing operations to Morocco, where it already employs 1,700 people.
noun[mass noun] • trademark
- An intense form of aerobic exercise performed on stationary exercise bikes and led by an instructor who sets the constantly varying pace.More example sentences
- She teaches new techniques, including spinning and body pump, which combines choreographed aerobics with weights.
- The real beauty of spinning, she says, is that you do vary the types of exercise during a class.
- Fit into the day his work in teaching spinning at local gyms, and even a bit of modelling, and the week is well and truly used up.