- A lamp burning volatile spirits, especially methylated spirits, instead of oil.More example sentences
- An omelette for two can be made over a good spirit lamp in a little eight-inch pan.
- As Elizabeth David has explained, this device ‘ultimately became the elegant silver-plated chafing dish set over a spirit lamp and used for the table cookery of Edwardian dishes’.
- The Norwich kettle has a London mark for 1695 but the stand, with its integrated spirit lamp, was supplied five years later by the London silversmith John East.
More definitions of spirit lampDefinition of spirit lamp in:
- The US English dictionary