- archaic term for hydrochloric acid.More example sentences
- Spirits of wine seems to have come into the category of spirits of salt and spirits of turpentine etc., and was only used for preserving, cleaning or mixing in as a chemical as far as I can make out.
- For maximum effectiveness, remove as much water from the blocked area as possible before adding spirits of salt.
- Because hydrogen chloride was first prepared from salt, hydrochloric acid was originally referred to as spirits of salt.
More definitions of spirits of saltDefinition of spirits of salt in:
- The US English dictionary