Definition of spiritualize in English:
Elevate to a spiritual level: the task of spiritualizing institutions of state power did not prove to be easy
More example sentences
- So there you go, plenty to entertain you, spiritualize you, educate you and most importantly make you laugh.
- But the overall effect of the poem is one of denial, fabricated intimacy and an insulting treatment of a situation that in our culture has already been spiritualized and depersonalized to death.
- At lunch today we spoke a little about prasadam, vegetarian foods that have been spiritualized by being offered to Krishna in the temple.
- Example sentences
- Thus one focuses on spiritualization of the self, the family, and consequently the whole society by imbibing higher values in one's character.
- How weary I am of all this spiritualization of vicious bloodshed!
- A further spiritualization is necessary, for it also must be assumed by Wilkinson that, in praying this prayer, Jabez is motivated primarily by a desire to make a greater impact for God.
Pronunciation: /spɪrɪtʃʊəlʌɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/ /spɪrɪtjʊəlʌɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/noun
Words that rhyme with spiritualizecapsulize • memorialize
Definition of spiritualize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan