Definition of spiritualize in English:
Elevate to a spiritual level: the task of spiritualizing institutions of state power did not prove to be easy
More example sentences
- So there you go, plenty to entertain you, spiritualize you, educate you and most importantly make you laugh.
- But the overall effect of the poem is one of denial, fabricated intimacy and an insulting treatment of a situation that in our culture has already been spiritualized and depersonalized to death.
- At lunch today we spoke a little about prasadam, vegetarian foods that have been spiritualized by being offered to Krishna in the temple.
- Example sentences
- Thus one focuses on spiritualization of the self, the family, and consequently the whole society by imbibing higher values in one's character.
- How weary I am of all this spiritualization of vicious bloodshed!
- A further spiritualization is necessary, for it also must be assumed by Wilkinson that, in praying this prayer, Jabez is motivated primarily by a desire to make a greater impact for God.
Pronunciation: /spɪrɪtʃʊəlʌɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/ /spɪrɪtjʊəlʌɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/noun
Words that rhyme with spiritualizecapsulize • memorialize
Definition of spiritualize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.