- A particular spirit or quality.More example sentences
- As I entered that all-too-familiar room, the creator spiritus took possession of me, held me in its clutches and chastised me for eight weeks, until the work was all but finished.
- In animal organisms vital and cognitive functions depend on the spiritus.
- Even when the Renaissance Neoplatonist Marsilio Ficino talked about the health of the scholar he meant to refer to the state of his spiritus.
Latin, 'breath, spirit'.
More definitions of spiritusDefinition of spiritus in:
- The US English dictionary