- A ruling or guiding spirit.More example sentences
- Sheikh Fadlallah, spiritus rector of the most radical Lebanese Shias, was one of the first high-ranking Islamic scholars to condemn the attacks of 11 September 2001.
- In 1995 he founded the Ensemble Vanitas and has remained its spiritus rector and principal conductor.
- In the theater, as director, actor, and author, as spiritus rector, he gathered around him a troupe.
More definitions of spiritus rectorDefinition of spiritus rector in:
- The US English dictionary