An instrument for measuring the air capacity of the lungs.
- The two most common tools to measure lung function are spirometers and peak flow meters.
- During the test, you'll breathe into a spirometer, which measures the function of your lungs when you inhale and exhale.
- The long-term accuracy of a random sample of five of the study spirometers shall be measured by a third party using a waveform generator at the beginning and at the end of the 6-month study.
- Example sentences
- Oximetry and spirometry were obtained before and after sputum induction.
- This has important clinical ramifications as there has been increasing emphasis on performing spirometry in primary care settings.
- After 2 to 4 weeks, they had spirometry, sputum induction, and a methacholine inhalation test.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: spir|om¦eter
Definition of spirometer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.