noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A steroid drug which promotes sodium excretion and is used in the treatment of certain types of oedema and hypertension.More example sentences
- For example, ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, ARBs, spironolactone and digoxin are probably not necessary in all patients.
- Pharmacologic agents used have included hydrochlorothiazide, spironolactone, furosemide, propranolol, or hydralazine.
- We restricted our analyses to loop diuretics, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors, blockers, spironolactone, and digoxin.
More definitions of spironolactoneDefinition of spironolactone in:
- The US English dictionary