verb[with object] (usually as adjective spit-roasted)
- Cook (a piece of meat) on a spit: spit-roasted lambMore example sentences
- My mechoui, which refers to lamb that is spit-roasted, was served alongside a pile of braised root vegetables, roasted potatoes and a pile of couscous.
- When we spit-roast beef we often do it with the skin on.
- Next door is the restaurant itself, where Pacific American classics like spit-roasted prime rib or buffalo Mahi-Mahi are the order of the day - ordered by visiting tycoons, celebrities and superstars like you.
More definitions of spit-roastDefinition of spit-roast in:
- The US English dictionary