- Saliva, especially as ejected from the mouth.More example sentences
- Watching him perform, spittle flying from his mouth, veins bulging and neck tendons taut as wires, I hope that performance is catharsis for him.
- His face was redder than the tomatoes he was squashing under foot and spittle flew from his mouth as he lumbered toward his wife.
- During the subsequent backlash, he lost his rag and threw a total hissy fit, complete with flecks of spittle flying from his mouth.
- More example sentences
- She called his name but he didn't answer, emitting instead a strained, spittly whistle.
- Energy is what I'm missing, that raw, spittly, unsocialized fizz that only an overexcited nerd can produce.
- When told they need to prove their need for emergency service, the elderly man explodes in spittly geriatric fury.
late 15th century: alteration of dialect spattle, by association with spit1.
More definitions of spittleDefinition of spittle in:
- The US English dictionary