- A metal or earthenware pot typically having a funnel-shaped top, used for spitting into.More example sentences
- Imagine thinking the lack of a spittoon entitles you to spit on the stairs repeatedly and to be disdainful of the poor old woman who has had to clean it up for being insufficiently happy to see you!
- In more elegant surroundings, you spit into a spittoon, usually a simple container like a large bowl (one per taster) or an ice bucket that two or three tasters share.
- When he could see again, Jackson spat into the brass spittoon by his side.
More definitions of spittoonDefinition of spittoon in:
- The US English dictionary