- (Of a spacecraft) land on water: Apollo 12 splashed down safely in the PacificMore example sentences
- Such a capsule, touching down on land like Soyuz or splashing down in the ocean like Apollo, could conceivably be much easier (and hence faster and cheaper) to develop.
- The ship had splashed down into the waters of Ever-Pitch only fifteen minutes ago, and he needed to get ready before he and the others left for the slaver encampment.
- On March 8, one of the missiles splashed down in waters about 60 kilometers north of Yonaguni, Japan's westernmost island.
More definitions of splash downDefinition of splash down in:
- The US English dictionary