- British • informal Spend money freely: she splashed out on a MercedesMore example sentences
- And she believes the £2,000 she splashed out is money well spent.
- My dear wife, who doesn't know it has arrived yet, will never cope, and she'll mock me, the person who is supposedly so careful with money, for splashing out on something I didn't want and don't need.
- Londoners are less likely to be planning home improvements than people living elsewhere but those that are will spend more, splashing out an average of £1,586 each.
More definitions of splash outDefinition of splash out in:
- The US English dictionary