Definition of splay-foot in English:
A broad flat foot turned outward.
- If I had splay-feet, it must be that I didn't take care each day to walk a straight line and wear the right shoes.
- Not only did Will suffer from scoliosis, his right leg was ‘shaped like a bow’ and he also had a splay-foot.
- Correcting his splay feet was not that simple.
- Example sentences
- In this case, both knees face outward leading to a toe out or splay-footed conformation, yet when the dots are connected they form a straight line.
- Yet I bet if I were to raise some trifling question about, say, the number of splay-footed widgeons in Somerset, I would have the answer in half an hour.
- She walked in a splay-footed manner and bumped into a post.
Words that rhyme with splay-footafoot, clubfoot, foot, hotfoot, kaput, put, soot, underfoot, wrong-foot, Yakut
Definition of splay-foot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan