Definition of splay-foot in English:
A broad flat foot turned outward.
- If I had splay-feet, it must be that I didn't take care each day to walk a straight line and wear the right shoes.
- Not only did Will suffer from scoliosis, his right leg was ‘shaped like a bow’ and he also had a splay-foot.
- Correcting his splay feet was not that simple.
- Example sentences
- In this case, both knees face outward leading to a toe out or splay-footed conformation, yet when the dots are connected they form a straight line.
- Yet I bet if I were to raise some trifling question about, say, the number of splay-footed widgeons in Somerset, I would have the answer in half an hour.
- She walked in a splay-footed manner and bumped into a post.
Words that rhyme with splay-footafoot, clubfoot, foot, hotfoot, kaput, put, soot, underfoot, wrong-foot, Yakut
Definition of splay-foot in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.