Definition of splendent in English:
- The luster of local material varies from splendent metallic to dull and ocherous.
- A large, single crystal of translucent, rich purple, measuring 4.5 cm across sits on a matrix of splendent sphalerite with orange highlights.
- The partial inclusions of hematite take the form of microscopic rosettes of thin, splendent blue-black plates (pers. observation).
- The product range is undoubtedly enviable: and is recognized for its splendent design, versatility and craftmanship.
- The kit is full of splendent elements, really versatile and useful for catching everyday moments or those one-offs.
- The snow is so dazzling and splendent when the sun rises, especially in March.
Late 15th century: from Latin splendent- 'shining', from the verb splendere.
Words that rhyme with splendentappendant, ascendant, attendant, codependent, defendant, descendant, descendent, intendant, interdependent, pendant, pendent, superintendent, transcendent
Definition of splendent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan