- 1Shining brightly.More example sentences
- The luster of local material varies from splendent metallic to dull and ocherous.
- A large, single crystal of translucent, rich purple, measuring 4.5 cm across sits on a matrix of splendent sphalerite with orange highlights.
- The partial inclusions of hematite take the form of microscopic rosettes of thin, splendent blue-black plates (pers. observation).
- 1.1Illustrious; great.More example sentences
- The product range is undoubtedly enviable: and is recognized for its splendent design, versatility and craftmanship.
- The kit is full of splendent elements, really versatile and useful for catching everyday moments or those one-offs.
- The snow is so dazzling and splendent when the sun rises, especially in March.
late 15th century: from Latin splendent- 'shining', from the verb splendere.
More definitions of splendentDefinition of splendent in:
- The US English dictionary