noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the spleen.More example sentences
- General autopsy findings were significant for candidal bronchopneumonia and splenitis, hepatic granulomas consistent with chronic transfusion therapy, and bilateral renal glomerulosclerosis.
- A search of the literature revealed scant testing of the alleged association of acute splenitis with systemic infection and no criteria for diagnosing acute splenitis.
- At autopsy, mild acute splenitis and recurrent nodular sclerosis Hodgkin disease were found in fibrosed mediastinal nodes.
More definitions of splenitisDefinition of splenitis in:
- The US English dictionary