Definition of spliff in English:
1A cannabis cigarette.
- I think so, a lot of people would be smoking spliffs instead of having cigarettes.
- Being a retired Inspector from the Met, you would think my Stepfather could differentiate between sucking on a few bummed low-grade resin spliffs in my back garden, and developing a crack/heroin habit.
- When liberal middle class voices shout for legalization they are talking about sly spliffs under the kitchen table rather than the collapse of underclass Britain in to a drug induced haze.
1.1 [mass noun] Cannabis: good spliff demands good food
More example sentences
- When I was younger and living in the ‘Ghetto’ not everyone had a TV but it was nice to go around to someone's house for Tea, spliff and Blakes Seven or the Sweeney.
- His dad categorically says to him ‘No spliff, no women and don't see Mercy’ and he does all three within five minutes.
- He smelled like kerosene, Chai tea, and spliff, and incense, and crackling fires.
1930s (originally West Indian): of unknown origin.
Definition of spliff in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan