Definition of spliff in English:
1A cannabis cigarette.
- I think so, a lot of people would be smoking spliffs instead of having cigarettes.
- Being a retired Inspector from the Met, you would think my Stepfather could differentiate between sucking on a few bummed low-grade resin spliffs in my back garden, and developing a crack/heroin habit.
- When liberal middle class voices shout for legalization they are talking about sly spliffs under the kitchen table rather than the collapse of underclass Britain in to a drug induced haze.
1.1 [mass noun] Cannabis: good spliff demands good food
More example sentences
- When I was younger and living in the ‘Ghetto’ not everyone had a TV but it was nice to go around to someone's house for Tea, spliff and Blakes Seven or the Sweeney.
- His dad categorically says to him ‘No spliff, no women and don't see Mercy’ and he does all three within five minutes.
- He smelled like kerosene, Chai tea, and spliff, and incense, and crackling fires.
1930s (originally West Indian): of unknown origin.
Words that rhyme with spliffbiff, cliff, glyph, if, kif, miff, niff, quiff, riff, skew-whiff, skiff, sniff, stiff, tiff, whiff
Definition of spliff in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.