Definition of split end in English:
1 (usually split ends) A tip of a person’s hair which has split from dryness or ill-treatment: I’ve got very bad split ends
More example sentences
- Going from short to long hair takes time and TLC, especially if chemical overprocessing has left you with split ends and dryness.
- ‘Ninety percent of those with long hair will get split ends right after getting highlights,’ Varin says.
- You only get split ends with wet hair in cold weather.
2 American Football An offensive end positioned on the line of scrimmage but some distance away from the other linemen.
- He was a split end and outside linebacker in a smaller school in Alabama.
- The Jets want Coles to play the split end position he played previously with the team, so McCareins will move to flanker, where he played as a member of the Titans.
- It's an especially positive development for Boldin, who seemed miscast most of the time last season as a split end instead of playing the slot, where he excelled as a rookie.
Definition of split end in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia