- Take the average of two proposed amounts.More example sentences
- In this case, you cannot simply split the difference, by taking the mean average; you must decide which turnout model is going to be correct, the one or the other.
- If we split the difference and say that the average price of statins is $90 a month, that's $1,080 a year for drugs and $210 a year for labs.
- Well, if the House wants $550 billion in tax cuts, the Senate approved $350 billion, what, do you just split the difference and come up with $450 billion?
More definitions of split the differenceDefinition of split the difference in:
- The US English dictionary