A dull or socially inept person, especially someone who is excessively studious: surfing the Net is a popular late-night pastime for spods
More example sentences
- Ever since four spods from Merseyside were met by crowds of screaming girls at JFK, conquering the States has always been the ultimate goal of any group from these shores.
- He ends by saying that the programme ‘is no longer the domain solely of sci-fi spods, this is must-see TV for everyone.’
- It's likely that these TV spods aren't actually lefty liberals with a will to help the poor and needy.
1980s: of unknown origin.
- More example sentences
- And this morning, despite claiming to have had spoddy dreams, of this conversation he had no memory whatsoever.
- I got rather excited this morning in a spoddy kind of way when I received my first piece of mail where the postage was priced up entirely in euros.
- Awkward and spoddy, most are post-graduate students or in their first job in the City.