- (In a discussion or review of a film, book, television drama, etc.) a warning that an important detail of the plot development is about to be revealed: the third season ended (spoiler alert if you don’t want to know) with the intervention of a ‘lady in red’More example sentences
- At the end (spoiler alert), we find the suspect he'd framed on a hunch has confessed, so he was right all along, even if his methods stink.
- (Friends and family spoiler alert: don't read further if you like a surprise on the 25th.)
- Spoiler Alert: This review assumes that the reader is familiar with the story of King Kong, including the ending.
More definitions of spoiler alertDefinition of spoiler alert in:
- The US English dictionary