A small plane with a handle on each side of its blade, used for shaping curved surfaces (originally wheel spokes).
- Likewise, members could make videos of groups of tools (gauges, planes, saws, drawknives, and spokeshaves) demonstrating their use.
- However, this is not the only outfit deploying the block plane and spokeshave.
- Booth & Mills, makers of braces, bits, spokeshaves, screwdrivers, squares, saw pads, and such displayed along with other manufactures, their products at trade fairs.
Shape with a spokeshave: spokeshave the angle on the underside
More example sentences
- Handscrews can also be useful for holding irregular-shaped pieces for carving or spokeshaving work.
- I also added the headstock ‘wings’, and have been spokeshaving myself a neck profile.
- The legs were rough cut with a bandsaw and spokeshaved to final curve, lots of fun getting them all the same.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: spoke|shave
Definition of spokeshave in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.