- 1Feed with a spoon: he is spoon-feeding the chimpanzee as one might feed a babyMore example sentences
- When I visit Ally at lunchtime, does she drag me into a dark corner and cower with me while I spoon-feed her yogurt and offer her a baby bottle?
- We ate quietly and quickly, Stella spoon-feeding Jay who only protested lightly, causing me to roll my eyes at him.
- He proceeded to spoon-feed Glen the bowl of soup.
- 1.1Provide (someone) with so much help or information that they do not need to think for themselves: certain students enjoy finding out things for themselves; others prefer being spoon-fedMore example sentences
- I am not here to spoon-feed you and nor are you the kind of people who should be spoon-fed.
- But the show clumsily spoon-feeds us its insights.
- But this week it means intelligent, not letting anyone or anything spoon-feed you.
More definitions of spoon-feedDefinition of spoon-feed in:
- The US English dictionary