- Occurring at irregular intervals or only in a few places; scattered or isolated: sporadic fighting broke outMore example sentences
- Until then, her art had been experimental, uneven, sporadic.
- It all adds up to a very uneven, sporadic film experience.
- This neighborhood is plagued by constant deterioration because of absentee landlords, lack of income to repair homes, few employment opportunities, crime, sporadic city services, and so on.
- More example sentences
- Or would you like me to repeat it sporadically over a two hour period?
- Tight circles of light begin to appear, sporadically.
- It's a laudable philosophy but one that he adheres to only sporadically.
late 17th century: via medieval Latin from Greek sporadikos, from sporas, sporad- 'scattered'; related to speirein 'to sow'.