Definition of sporadic in English:
Occurring at irregular intervals or only in a few places; scattered or isolated: sporadic fighting broke out
More example sentences
- Until then, her art had been experimental, uneven, sporadic.
- It all adds up to a very uneven, sporadic film experience.
- This neighborhood is plagued by constant deterioration because of absentee landlords, lack of income to repair homes, few employment opportunities, crime, sporadic city services, and so on.
- Example sentences
- Or would you like me to repeat it sporadically over a two hour period?
- Tight circles of light begin to appear, sporadically.
- It's a laudable philosophy but one that he adheres to only sporadically.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan