Definition of sportscast in English:
A broadcast of sports news or a sports event.
- This has been followed by television sportscasts informing viewers of exactly the same thing!
- The unit will let viewers use a remote control to respond instantly to ITV programming, such as audience polls, interactive sportscasts and game shows, or to request information or make purchases.
- The Montreal Radio and Television School offers six-month courses in radio and television broadcasting with emphasis on writing and producing news reports, talk shows and sportscasts.
- Example sentences
- It will be very interesting to see who wins because the sportswriters and sportscasters have an intriguing choice to make.
- A similar result would be obtained if at the end of a baseball or football season, sportscasters mentioned only a team's losses.
- It's one of those peaceful, jovial moments out-of-town sportscasters never seem to notice when they come to Philadelphia.
Words that rhyme with sportscastforecast • broadcast
Definition of sportscast in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan