noun (plural sportspersons or sportspeople)
- A sportsman or sportswoman (used as a neutral alternative).More example sentences
- It proposed that high-level amateur sportspeople - such as inter-county GAA players - should be entitled to an annual tax credit of €2,000.
- This ‘activity modification’ may be quite straightforward for an amateur sportsperson, who can lay off their game for a few weeks.
- Her other hurdle is one that haunts many an amateur sportsperson seeking success.
More definitions of sportspersonDefinition of sportsperson in:
- The US English dictionary