Definition of sportswoman in English:
noun (plural sportswomen)
A woman who takes part in sport, especially professionally.
- Competition has been exceptionally high with the British adventurers competing against professional sportsmen and sportswomen from around the world.
- The 30 per cent limit also applies to ‘professional’ sportsmen and sportswomen.
- Mothers of sportsmen and sportswomen play an enormously important role in the sporting lives of their offspring and yet, very often, that contribution is unrecognised.
- 1sportswomanship noun
- Example sentences
- We strive to maintain a high level of integrity through good sportswomanship and by serving as mentors to new riders.
- Above all, we value sportswomanship and positive participation regardless of outcome and encourage an inclusive approach to all activities.
- It's all about the glory and sportswomanship, apparently.
Words that rhyme with sportswomanoarswoman
Definition of sportswoman in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.