Definition of sportswoman in English:
noun (plural sportswomen)
A woman who takes part in sport, especially professionally.
- Competition has been exceptionally high with the British adventurers competing against professional sportsmen and sportswomen from around the world.
- The 30 per cent limit also applies to ‘professional’ sportsmen and sportswomen.
- Mothers of sportsmen and sportswomen play an enormously important role in the sporting lives of their offspring and yet, very often, that contribution is unrecognised.
- Example sentences
- We strive to maintain a high level of integrity through good sportswomanship and by serving as mentors to new riders.
- Above all, we value sportswomanship and positive participation regardless of outcome and encourage an inclusive approach to all activities.
- It's all about the glory and sportswomanship, apparently.
Words that rhyme with sportswomanoarswoman
Definition of sportswoman in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan