- 1Any of a number of diseases characterized by fever and skin spots, in particular:More example sentences
- Mediterranean spotted fever, or boutonneuse fever, is the most common imported rickettsial disease in returning travelers.
- Apart from rabies, dogs are at risk of passing on Mediterranean spotted fever, leishmaniasis, heartworm, and brucellosis.
- Continental Europe also has its share of endemic arthropod borne infections, from leishmaniasis and Mediterranean spotted fever in southern France, Italy, and Spain, to tick borne encephalitis in the Baltic states.
- 1.3 (also Rocky Mountain spotted fever) A rickettsial disease transmitted by ticks.More example sentences
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever is an infectious disease, carried by ticks, that can infect both dogs and people.
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever is the most common rickettsial disease in the United States.
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever is a bacterial infection that's transmitted to people by tick bites.
More definitions of spotted feverDefinition of spotted fever in:
- The US English dictionary