1An electronic document in which data is arranged in the rows and columns of a grid and can be manipulated and used in calculations: we have a colour-coded Excel spreadsheet of all of our trip expenses William spent most of the day updating the Risk Assessment spreadsheet
More example sentences
- If the company has neither increased nor decreased its dividend in the current or preceding year, that cell is left blank in the spreadsheet.
- The following 4 tables summarise the results from the spreadsheets.
- "I can only assume," Perkins added, " there is a mistake in one of his spreadsheets.
1.1A computer program used to create and manipulate spreadsheets.
- Many students sent us graphs prepared with computer spreadsheet programs.
- Once prepared, the file can be transferred to and used on any computer with the spreadsheet program.
- The first step is to stop using word processors and spreadsheets to manipulate and organize information.
verb[no object] (usually as noun spreadsheeting)
Definition of spreadsheet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.