Definition of spreadsheet in English:
1An electronic document in which data is arranged in the rows and columns of a grid and can be manipulated and used in calculations: we have a colour-coded Excel spreadsheet of all of our trip expenses William spent most of the day updating the Risk Assessment spreadsheet
More example sentences
- When the changes had been made, I printed a off copy of the spreadsheet for Mr Simons.
- For the insurance claim, they had to compile exhaustive spreadsheets of their possessions, right down to how many white T-shirts were in a bureau drawer.
- Melissa has put together a spreadsheet of our favorite girl's names.
1.1A computer program used to create and manipulate spreadsheets.
- Many students sent us graphs prepared with computer spreadsheet programs.
- Once prepared, the file can be transferred to and used on any computer with the spreadsheet program.
- The first step is to stop using word processors and spreadsheets to manipulate and organize information.
verb[no object] (usually as noun spreadsheeting) Back to top
Definition of spreadsheet in:
- US English dictionary